1) Getting up at 6:00 am every day and therefore feeling jet lagged.
2) Learning more Tagalog in five days than half a semester of high school and/or college Spanish.
3) Coming back from lunch and saying "oui, oui" instead of "oo" (yes, pronounced oh-oh).
4) Discovering that studying a language can be fun!
5) Learning all the different ways I could offend someone by slightly mispronouncing a Tagalog word.
6 a) Learning about Filipino culture through their language.
b) Deciding that our asos will never be visiting the provinces.
7 a) Playing 20+ questions in Filipino.
b) Discovering how many politicians and celebrities I know nothing about.
8) Teaching Julie to maupo ka and tayo na in < 5 minutes. (sit and let's go commands)
9) Speak like Yoda I learn.
10) Learning that we won't be considered a family until we have anak, and that Filipinos don't think asos count as anak.